I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Update

I know things have happened since I wrote about airline tickets, but none of it seems terribly interesting. Think--think--think.

Last weekend I worked at the Hospital. It was so busy that I was overtime both Friday and Saturday and was there 7 hours on Sunday. I missed out on our sibling dinner for the month because it was supposed to start at 6 on Friday and I didn't get off work until 7. I had from 18 to 21 visits each on Friday and Saturday. Things have slowed down a lot since then. Today I had 7 visits. It is hard to predict how busy it is going to be.

Ken and I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Neither of us liked it. It was dark and depressing and violent. We both felt like we wasted our money.

I started my Master Gardener class last Wednesday. It was interesting. The instructor said we got about a semester's worth of information in 3 hours. We talked about how plants are classified--stems, bark, leaves, flowers, male and female parts, fruit and seeds.

I am continuing with my voice and piano lessons, although the piano is a little less defined and regular that it was at first. Sometimes I feel like my voice is improving and sometimes it doesn't. I guess that is normal. I am still teaching 2 online nutrition classes for the semester. The semester is almost half way through (week 6 of 14 weeks).

I think the area under the kitchen table doesn't get heat circulating there. I can be just fine as far as temperature is concerned. Then I sit and work on the computer and my feet and lower legs are freezing. Amy suggested I knit some leg warmers, so that will be a new project for me. I first of all need to get some yarn. Also, thank goodness for space heaters. After all, why should I heat up the whole house just to get the area under the kitchen table warm? Of course, hearing Feathersky's report of freezing because the furnace is totally out, makes me thankful it isn't my whole house that is cold.

I finally got around to balancing my bank statement. I had only put it off for the past 7 months. Obviously it isn't my favorite thing to do.

Well, this is about as exciting as my life has gotten lately.

3 Comments:

Blogger firecracker said...

Yay! Exciting!

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Timber said...

hehe, I'd definitely take just having under the table be cold instead of the whole house! Can't wait to move!

The master gardener class sounds awesome! I wonder what kind of gardening we can do in El Paso!

5:23 PM

 
Blogger gayle said...

We missed you at dinner.

10:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker