The Good Things
I complain a lot about how I can't see my children and grandchildren who live so far away. However, I never voice how blessed I feel at being close to at least one of my children. I love the fact that she and her husband can drop by and visit sometimes even if just for a few minutes when they are in the area. I love having them over for dinner occasionally so we can catch up on the latest happenings in their lives. I LOVE the fact that they can come here. I used to notice with my mother that when she came to visit me that she was always in a hurry to get back home. Now I am beginning to understand that feeling. I like that my daughter can call with little questions she may have when she is at a store or about a subject she knows I know about. It may be a short call, but it is a fun contact. I love having her sometimes come by my house to help me out with something I need done. I look to the future when I know she will also be moving far away and I mourn the loss. I need to count my blessings while they are here. Thanks C for being here when you can.

3 Comments:
Aw shux! :) I Love you Mom!
5:33 PM
Thanks for the reminder of gratitude. I love this quote: “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away!” ~ Hitch, 2005 Movie
4:06 PM
awww...
5:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home