Consistency
Have you ever noticed how hard it is to be consistent at everything? We should consistently exercise--right? I do consistently exercise, for a few weeks, or sometimes even months, then things start happening and pretty soon I realize it has been several days, or a week since I last exercised. Then, when I start again, I am not at the same point I was when I started. It is frustrating.
Then we are supposed to consistently read scriptures, and the Ensign, and the lesson manuals--right? Does consistency mean once a month--consistently?
And consistently clearing away clutter (it multiplies faster than I can get rid of it).
And consistently cleaning the carpet. Why does all the mud end up on the carpet?
How about consistently eating healthy foods and avoiding unhealthy ones? Does consistently planning on losing an extra 10 (or 20) pounds count? Or do you actually have to do it for it to count?
Or consistently raking leaves and apples in the fall, so that there is not a ton of rotten fruit on one's lawn in the spring.
Well tonight I feel like I am consistently frustrated with life. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to be more consistent.

2 Comments:
I think we have more things to do than can be done for a reason.... the reason being we have to chose the "Best" things to do.
1:31 PM
Lynn, I feel your frustration.
Carrie, love your comment.
10:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home