Fireworks
Ken and I went to see the fireworks at WSU yesterday. There was a fireside at the Dee Event Center first. Brother Merrill Bateman spoke. He talked about some of the Browning pioneers that settled in this area. Then Ken and I went down on WSU Campus and waited for the concert and the fireworks. We sat on the lawn area in front of the Browning Arts center. It didn't seem too crowded and the weather was perfect! There were some clouds in the western sky, so there was no direct sunlight at that time. The day before had been extremely hot and I was afraid it would be hot and uncomfortable, but there was a slight breeze and it was beautiful. At 9 p.m. the symphony music was broadcast over a loud speaker. It was beautiful. Then at 10 p.m. the fireworks started and were set off to the music. We were close enough that the fireworks looked huge and beautiful, but not so close as to have ashes landing on us. The drive home was even a very tolerable event. We went on highway 89 to hwy 84 and then to Riverdale Rd. I even got to finish reading a book I had started while we were waiting for the fireworks. It was really a perfect night.

2 Comments:
That sounds like it was so much fun! I would have loved to have been there!
6:41 PM
We would have loved for you all to be there too!
6:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home