IBLCE Exam
I had to take the IBLCE Exam today. Talk about stressful! It is the exam that one has to take be be IBCLC certified (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant). You have to take it at least every 10 years to maintain your IBCLC certification. (At the 5 year mark you can renew your IBCLC status with continuing education hours). I don't like taking this type of exam, because it basically can cover absolutely any aspect of Lactation from anatomy and physiology, psychology, drug interactions, how to breastfeed, how to teach breastfeeding, and anything else you can think of that relates to lactation.
Well, I took it, and so that is over for now. It will be embarrassing if I don't pass the exam, considering I have been practicing as an IBCLC for 10 years now. I'll find out in a month or 2 if I passed.

1 Comments:
GOOD LUCK!!! I'm sure you'll pass! :)
6:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home