I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

What's Up?

We heard it rumored that not everyone knew that Ken was going to have cataract surgery. Well, he did, it turned out great, the doctor said it was "perfect". He has to wear an eye shield taped to his face at night so that he won't inadvertently rub or poke his eye. He is supposed to wear glasses or safety glasses all the time for at least 3 weeks while it heals. Of course having glasses on your face 24/7 isn't exactly delightful, so it is a bigger challenge than it sounds. Before the surgery it was getting to the point that the left eye was losing more and more vision. At night traffic lights would appear double. Now, thanks to the miracle of science, he can see great out of both eyes. (He had a cataract removed from the other eye about 5 years ago). We are indeed blessed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Timber said...

Glad to know the surgery went well! :D

7:34 PM

 
Blogger firecracker said...

I'm glad it all went well! I've been meaning to call him to see how he is!

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker