I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ohio

We made it to Ohio safe and sound. It is great to see Dave and his family! The kids grow so much in a year, it is always amazing to see how they develop. I was reading a book with Teancum last night and he is an AMAZING reader! I was very impressed. I guess I haven't read with an 8 year old in quite a while. But then, what would you expect with such exceptional parents?

Dave and Olga live in a beautiful neighborhood. And they have a beautiful house.

Ken and I went to the Air Force museum on Wright-Patterson AFB yesterday while and the kids were at school. Olga was with us for the first hour or so, then she had things she had to go do. It is a huge museum. We were there from about 11 a.m. till closing at 5 p.m. and didn't really see everything in detail. Of course at the beginning we went much more slowly and read things more and toward the end we were in more of a hurry. A lot of it is about war (of course) since the air force is all about defense. It just reminded me how senseless war is and how sad it is that people have to fight. It seems like more and more technology is developed to be able to defeat the enemy. Then the enemy wants to develop something bigger and worse and it just escalates more and more. What a waste!





We watched a movie on their large screen TV in the evening. All-in-all we had a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Timber said...

Sounds like a fun trip so far!

Make sure you get a good photo of their whole family for me! I need an updated photo for our world map--the photo I have right now is from Elina's baptism! :)

4:52 PM

 
Blogger firecracker said...

Hooray for seeing Dave, Olga, and family! Paul and I came over to your house today and used the internet.. and ate. Thanks!

11:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker