I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Saturday, September 04, 2010

El Paso

I've debated whether or not to enter anything, because I've pretty much talked to most of you who look at my blog on a regular basis, and I've put pictures on facebook. But I've decided to go ahead and enter some stuff here too.

I got to El Paso on Monday afternoon. The plan was to have Nathan pick me up at the airport. I called him and he said it would be a while because Timber was in labor. I knew it was possible, but that Nathan could also be giving me a hard time. However, this time it was for real. I told him I would take a taxi and he asked if I had the address. I pulled out my day planner (ipod touch) and looked up his home address. He said he meant the address of the birthing center. So I pulled out a pad of paper and wrote down the address. Then I went to get a taxi. We loaded up my luggage and were starting to pull out when I realized I didn't have my ipod. I had the driver stop and I ran in to where I was using it last. Of course it was not there. Then I checked with the Southwest office to see if anyone turned one in--no such luck. I checked with the lost and found in the airport police department--no ipod. Nothing else I could do at that point, so I went back to the taxi and went to the birthing center. I got there 20 minutes after the birth of Wesley. Which means I may have been there about the time he was born if I hadn't lost my ipod. (Double frustration there).

Wesley was being cleaned up so I got to take some pictures when he was 20 minutes old.











Timber and the MD who delivered the baby


Proud Dad


Proud Grandma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker