I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Perfect Walk

Ken and I have been wanting to go up in the mountains to see the fall leaves, but something keeps coming up. Well, last Wednesday we both managed to have the day free so we went up to Snow Basin. We stopped at the Green Lake trail head and started hiking. Although the most colorful part of the leaves changing was the past couple of weeks, there were still some pretty colors. However, that was not the highlight of the hike. It was an absolutely PERFECT day for a hike! The sky was clear, yet it was not hot and not cold. There was a slight breeze that came up occasionally to cool us from the efforts of the hike (although we did not hike fast), and yet it wasn't constant. It was the middle of the week, so there were only a few other hikers or bikers on the trail. I LOVE hiking in the mountains. At the beginning of the trail there were yellow aspen and as we hiked there were more evergreens and red scrub oak. We saw some blue jays, some wood peckers and a squirrel, but no deer. As we were driving out of the canyon Ken pointed out some Elk, but they were black and said Moo, so I wasn't very impressed. It was the most pleasant hike you can imagine. I look at the hike N&T took in Texas and think that looks so dry and barren compared to our shaded, cool beautiful hike. Sorry guys, but these mountains are the place to be!

3 Comments:

Blogger firecracker said...

I do miss the mountains in the fall!

10:42 PM

 
Blogger Timber said...

I miss all the fall colors. We're going to have to come to UT next fall :)

7:34 PM

 
Blogger gayle said...

Dan and I went on hike up big cottonwood, it was beautiful.

8:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker