Cold Weather
Winter has definately arrived here in Utah. The other day I had to travel to Layton. At the beginning of the day, when I made the appointment, the roads were fine. By 3 p.m. they were TERRIBLE. It had been snowing just enough to make them slick and icy. Then all of the traffic polished it to a slippery sheen. I could see that cars on the freeway were traveling at a snail pace so I stayed on the main street through Clearfield. Well it was turtle pace there. Traffic was barely crawling along. I think there must have been a ton of traffic that would normally have been on the freeway decide to take main street that day at that time of day. I was a half hour late for my appointment. Fortunately the roads had started to clear a little by the time I was going home. However, it was "rush hour" then, so at major intersections it was turtle time again. Oh well, lots of time to think, contemplate life, and sing along with the Messiah tape.

1 Comments:
Oh, I know EXACTLY what you mean! We've had an extremely cold front come through. I had to even let the faucet drip last night. Can you imagine my inconvenience?! And Nathan had to run the windshield wipers at least twice to get the frost off the windshield this morning. Man. Its rough living in the South ;)
Ok, fine, so I REALLY love winter in Alabama!!!!!
2:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home