Carrot Cake
For the reunion my sister had each sister make a carrot cake from a specific recipe. My word, talk about high in fat! It called for a whole cup of oil and 4 eggs. The frosting was cream cheese and butter and sugar. Tasted good, but wow, the calories.
So, today I had to make a low fat, more nutritious carrot cake. It not only had carrots, but raisins and pineapple in it. It only had 3 Tbsp of oil and 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites. Plus I used whole wheat flour. The frosting had low fat cream cheese and marshmallow cream mixed together. It was a very good cake and not nearly as high in fat and calories.

2 Comments:
Whenever there is a pot luck dinner I always love something and ask for the recipe. Then I never make the recipe because when I know whats in it its not any good anymore!
Although I have changed a few recipes to cut out or reduce fat/oil and then I can enjoy it :)
3:21 AM
sad i missed it, but i was bushed!
10:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home