Day 2 Trip
On day 2 I stayed in bed until 8 a.m. or so (9 a.m. Nashville time). After taking a shower and starting to get ready for the day I noticed that it was awful quiet around the house. I went downstairs and everyone was gone. I let Radar in from the back yard and he ran around the house like crazy for a minute or two (I assume he was looking for someone besides me). Then I called Nathan on the phone. They had gone to the store because Timber needed to get the kids out of the house for a while. I told them they are welcome to knock on the door and ask it I plan to ever get up.
Our big activity for the day was at the Children's Museum in Murfreesboro. It is really a nice place with lots of activities for the kids to do. I think I like it even better than the Treehouse Museum in Ogden, although they are both very cool places for kids. We mostly just watched them play while we visited. However, we did build a few towers with some of the kids blocks so that Jenacy and Jaedin could knock them down--they got a kick out of that. They have a great water display where kids can learn various things about water while playing in it. It is sort of like the water place at Thanksgiving Point museum, but no sand and more fountains and water spouts. We had lunch outside on some picnic tables. There was a path that went around a water pond that Nathan encouraged Jaedin to run around while we timed him (to help get wiggles out). However, some other kids sitting at the table next to us thought it looked like fun and started to run too, but their mother didn't want them to. I'm not sure why, because we could see him the whole time he was running around the pond, and the pond was fenced off, so kids couldn't fall in. It was interesting to see how different parents expect their kids to behave. Then we went for a little walk on one of the nature trails there. When Nathan decided to take the kids over a fence closer to the water I said "Ken!" (whoops). I told Timber that is probably why Ken and the boys liked to go hiking without me--I like to follow the rules and not climb over fences that are obviously there to keep people from going any farther.
+132.jpg)
+140.jpg)
+139.jpg)
+147.jpg)
+038.jpg)
+035.jpg)
One of Nathan and Timber's friends wanted Jaedin and Jenacy to come over to play with her kids and she would babysit them for the evening, so Nathan and Timber and I went out to eat by ourselves. I'll have to admit, having two active kids there all the time does get tiring. Timber has a favorite barbeque place where she likes to eat, so that is where we went. It was delicious. We had ribs, a baked potato and a salad. I can tell why it is a favorite.
What a wonderful day 2.

1 Comments:
You're doing a much better job at remembering all the stories. I'm going back right now and writing all the journal entries that I was too busy to write while you were here :)
6:14 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home