I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 3 Trip

It is Saturday. I knew the time here would go fast. Only one more day here and then off to meet Dave and Olga on Monday. This morning Timber went to a cub scout activity early (like about 6 a.m.--can't be sure I wasn't up then). I got up about 7:30 and had some cereal and a banana and visited with Jaedin. He didn't want any cereal because his dad told him he could watch TV. I watched cartoons a couple of minutes and then told him I was going upstairs to "rest my eyes" and to come and get me if he needed me. Then I got up again in an hour or two. We went to a park and played with the bubble sets Ken and I got at the State Fair for the grandkids. There is a bubble recipe and some big wands. They make huge bubbles. The kids seemed to like it. They played with them for 5 or 10 minutes, then went to play in the sand and on the toys there with some othe kids. Then they came back later and played with them again and we let some of the other kids play with them. I've decided that maybe I'll try it with glycerine next time so that the bubbles don't pop as fast. They do look pretty cool though.









Then we went home and had lunch. Jaedin read me one of his books. He's really getting pretty good at sounding things out for a 5 year old. Nathan had to work in the flight office this morning, but after he came home we went to a place called "The Pumpkin Patch". It is a farm that has things set up where they sell pumpkins, treats they have made, various foods and crafts. They have hay rides, and a hay maze and a corn maze. The hay maze is short and is for small kids. They have tunnels to climb through and a slide at the end. It is really cool for the small ones. The adults have full view of them from the outside. They have a play area with a big tall hay "mountain". They say not to jump off of it, but of course kids do it anyway (including Jaedin). I got a cool picture of him in mid air. Then we went through a Kids Corn Maze. We let Jaedin lead the way. I think they both had a good time.





It is amazing how watching kids play all day can tire a person out. I mean I did a little walking, but I did a lot of sitting and watching kids (and talking with Timber and Nathan) and I am all tired out.
Another fun day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timber said...

I love how Jaedin didn't want breakfast cuz Dad let him watch TV! "you want me to eat food when I FINALLY get to watch TV?!"

6:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker