Christmas Craziness
It seems like there are so many good things to do at Christmas time. For me, it's never a choice of doing what is good verses doing something bad. It is a choice of how many of the good things can I do and not go crazy. Since I feel I'm going crazy, maybe I chose too many good things. Of course when I do that, my mind fixes it by just blocking things out. Last Sunday was the Messiah Sing-in for the Ogden area. I fully planned to sing in the choir. However, I managed to sign up for tithing settlement on the same night. Then I decided to finally put the ornaments on the tree. It had been sitting as a naked tree for a couple of weeks with the boxes of other decorations on the couch. I didn't remember the sing-in until Monday. I also forgot our Ward Christmas Breakfast on Saturday. I had fully intended to attend it. But Ken and Cari were both at work and I ended up working on getting my WSU classes papers graded. Oh well.
Yesterday was the last of the choir performances for this season. I love learning the songs and singing Christmas praises. But the extra practices and the performances come at the same time as term projects are turned in to be graded in my nutrition classes. And this year someone at the hospital got sick and had to cut back hours, so I've been putting in more time there to cover some shifts.
I am blessed to have work that I enjoy doing, to be able to sing in a choir, to have a wonderful family. I just miss my sanity.

1 Comments:
Take a deep breath and slightly alter the famous quote from your earlier post:
When your busy without a Doubt
Run in Circles, Scream and Shout
Pretty soon they'll take you away
To a mental home for a pleasant stay.
6:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home