I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 7 Trip (Wed)

I stayed up late watching a movie with Dave and Olga last night, so I slept in. But after sending the kids off to school, Dave and Olga slept in too, so it worked out great. Olga was still wiped out from the chronic fatigue, so she stayed in bed until later. Dave and I ran errands. It doesn't sound like much fun, but it really was. I saw things on the base where they shop and I got to visit more with Dave. We talked about some fun traditions that the officers have when they have official parties. Olga says they may look all official in their uniforms, but they like to act like little boys sometimes. We tried to find a tuxedo shirt for a good price for Dave, but we weren't successful before having to pick up the kids. However we did get ingredients for bubbles.

Today was the activity day for the kids. Elina is in a school choir and stayed after school for that so Olga and I picked her up. Then Teancum had a 1.5 hour gymnastics class and then Elina had a half hour ice skating class. She is learning the same things Ken and I learned when we had our ice skating class--fun. I'll add pictures when I download them.

Dave fixed dinner today. He made a wonderful stew with interesting vegetables--yucca root, anise (fennell) bulb, plantain, green bananas, taro root, potatoes, onion, carrots and pork. It was delicious!
We watched another video after the kids went to bed and went to bed late again.

I have such smart, talented kids and grandkids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thistlerose said...

dave is such an interesting cook...

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker