Productive Days
I've noticed in several people, including me and my husband, that I seldom have 2 productive days in a row. Yesterday a had a very productive day but today I am extra tired and by biggest achievement was taking a nap. Yesterday I got up at around 5 a.m. I realize this isn't typical for me, but I couldn't go back to sleep, even after taking pain pills, because my hip and leg were aching. So I got on the treadmill and walked for 30 minutes. Then I washed and dried the living room curtains and hung them back up. Sunday my daughters and son-in-law came over for dinner and we got out the Christmas decorations and decorated the tree. This is a big step for me because last year I never got around to setting up a tree at all. Anyway, since the decorations were out I put up my garlands over the curtains and on the stair railing today. I cleaned the kitchen and dishes that didn't get done yesterday and then did some stuff on the computer for my WSU classes. This was supposed to be one of the few beautiful days for the week, so Ken and I both went out and worked in the yard. Even though we don't have any deciduous trees in our front yard, we have neighbors who do, and piles of leaves were everywhere, so we raked, mowed and bagged a lot of leaves. Then I went shopping at Smiths while Ken worked on the back yard. Smiths is having a sale on 12-14 lb frozen turkeys for $6.00 and even though we cooked one on Sunday, I wanted to get another one for some time in December. Then, when I went to put the groceries in the freezer, I noticed that the frost in the freezer was so thick that things were sliding off the shelves. So I got out a wooden spoon and a cookie sheet to catch the frost and scraped enough frost off to make a small snowman. In the evening Ken and I went for our anniversary dinner at Marie Calendars. Their special was a turkey dinner, and since I had had turkey Sunday, had left-over turkey for lunch and expected to have turkey again on Thursday I opted for their smothered vegetable plate. It was cauliflower, broccoli, summer squash, mushrooms and carrots with quite a bit of cheese melted on top. Because of the anniversary coupon we got free pie. I got pumpkin, Ken got pecan. Then we went over to the Layton Hills mall. I was definitely ready for sleep by the end of the day!
Last night I slept for more hours in a row than I have since I got shingles. I slept about 5 hours, then got up and took ibuprophen and then actually fell asleep again and slept another 3 or so. However, that didn't revive me totally for another productive day. I walked again on the treadmill, then talked to my sister on the phone (we are going to her house on Thanksgiving), had lunch and did a minimal amount of cleaning and working on the computer and was so tired I had to lay down. I didn't wake up until Ken came home for lunch at 4. I imagine after choir practice tonight I'll be ready for bed again. Maybe tomorrow can be another productive day.

3 Comments:
I'm glad your starting to feel better, but you're not supposed to put up a tree until after Thanksgiving.
7:47 PM
That is an old wives tale. You have a reason to put off decorating for Christmas so Jaedin can celebrate his birthday. If I put it off, I don't decorate at all.
9:35 PM
hey...I think Nathan hijacked my good name for that last comment! :)
2:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home