I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Finished the trip

I did pretty good for the first part of the vacation, but now it has been long enough, that I'll just summarize the rest. Thursday night Olga and I drove to Ikea (it was about 45-60 minutes away) and did some shopping. Dave didn't think that sounded like much fun, but I had never been there before, and I really had a fun time looking at and dreaming about various household items. The kids were out of school on Friday, so I did something with each of them. In the morning, Teancum and I went to a historical park called Carillon Park. It was first established by one of the Wright brothers (Orville I think). They have various historical things from Dayton in different buildings. They have the oldest cabin from Dayton--they were actually cooking food in the fireplace. They have a bicycle museum with bicycles from various eras. They have a building with trolleys, busses and trains, a lock from the Erie Canal, and of course a museum dedicated to the Wright brothers. They have the actual plane that Wilber and Orville first flew. I think they said it had about 80% of the original materials in it. They designed the building so that the plane is down below the main viewing level so you can see the top of the plane better. I was quite impressive.
Teancum and I had lunch at the cafe there. Then I bought him a toy car. It is one you pull back and then let it go and it shoots forward. The engineer in him made him compare all of the cars so that he had the fastest on available. It was interesting to watch him.









Then Dave and I went and got him a Tuxedo shirt. In the afternoon Dave, Teancum and I made BIG bubbles. Olga and Elina had gone to run errands.





Then Elina and I went ice skating. Since Ken and I had taken ice skating lessons a year or so ago, I thought I would do well. After less than a minute I lost my balance and reached out to the side of the rink but fell anyway and injured my right shoulder and banged my head on the side of the rink. For some strange reason I got a headache and sat on the side for a good portion of the time. Elina stuck with me whenever I did venture out on the ice, but she found some other kids to skate with while I was recovering. Then when we got home I painted her fingernails with my nail painting kit. She got 10 different designs.




Pictures from our dinner at Chick Filet on children's night







On Saturday Dave and Teancum took me to the airport in Columbus. We were almost there when the freeway that we were supposed to use to get there was closed. All traffic had to exit. Of course, we didn't have a map of Columbus and Dave's GPS was not working (we later figured out it had a short in the cord). After trying to find another way on to the freeway for a while, we stopped and asked someone directions. I was afraid for a while I might miss my flight, but I made it without any problems. The lines to go through to check luggage was very short. Dave actually waited outside in the car in case I didn't make it. Thanks Dave. I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger firecracker said...

Well, it's about time you updated your blog (I must say).

2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker