I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am a dietitian and a lactation consultant. Life is definitely good.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Have you ever had a time when you look at yourself in a situation and you say to yourself--"Why am I here?" or "What made me decide this was a good idea?"
Well, this morning was just such a day for me. I got up at 2:40 a.m. to get ready to get in line in sub-zero temps outside of Target because I wanted a GPS and "A" wanted a Wii and a camera. The store opened at 4 a.m. so of course people started lining up before 3 a.m. I wore my PJ bottoms under my levi's, a shirt then a sweatshirt, then my coat, a scarf, 2 pair of gloves, 3 pair of sox inside boots plus leg warmers, ear pops and the hood on my coat. Then I heated my bag of flax seed that I use to warm my feet at night and held it to help keep my hands ward. My toes had the hardest time. But we got everything we went for. Of course the line to get out of the store was even longer than the line to get in, but at least it was warm inside the building.

"A" and I tested out the GPS today around Idaho. Maybe I'll be set to get around El Paso when we rent a car down there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Timber said...

Nathan braved the cold to get our new computer. He said his feet froze. But the deal he got on the computer was worth it! :D

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

His feet froze, in El Paso? I hate to think what would have frozen in Idaho Falls!

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Timber said...

hahaha!!!

Nathan says, "Hey! It was COLD!!!"

6:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker